Monday, March 29, 2010

My Son

I was going for my first outbound and my son saw the photographs of an outbound which took place earlier. He got scared about the risk involved in the activities and was tense, as I don’t know how to swim. I tried to explain and took him into confidence but he was little upset. In the evening when I asked him something, he shouted at me, which I did not like. I just told that we would talk when he would be in a good mood. Saying this I left him alone to think. After a short while he came and said sorry to me. I told him that I was not expecting an apology from him but simply wanted him to think about the temper he had thrown. The next thing that I had from him was a letter to me in which he had written, ‘Dear mummy, sorry (many times), mujhe maaf kar do.’ This way he wrote seven letters handing them over to me again and again. He kept on saying to his grandparents, “Mein likhte jaaonga jab tak Mummy maaf nahi kar degi”. Finally he came with a sorry note pasted on his forehead with the help of a tape. Looking at that I burst into laughter and hugged him-my son had learnt to respect my feelings now.
Leena Behl
Mentor - Indus World School.

No comments:

Post a Comment