Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When my son left us speechless...

When I had joined Indus as a mentor, my son was studying in another school. In my first PMM (Parents- Mentors Meet) I got feedback from the parents about the change, which they observed, in their children. These feedbacks made me think about my son. I had never given this kind of feedback to my son’s teacher; nor had I observed those changes in my son, which the parents at Indus were talking about. There was nothing happening beyond counting, alphabet and writing. I immediately took a decision to get my son enrolled in Indus.
Session started; initially he studied the same syllabus, which he had already covered in the previous year in the conventional school although in a different manner. My relatives started commenting “Yeh to already padh chuka hai”. As days passed by my son became more understanding; he became more caring towards all the family members. He properly understood the concepts; he became more observant and more inquisitive. He enjoyed every minute in the school and did not want to go back home. Day by day he kept surprising us with one or the other thing. Eventually one fine day he astonished all the family members by reading the whole “Durga chalisa” in one go. We all were speechless.Indus has brought along many qualitative changes in him indeed.

Leena Behl

Mentor - Indus World School.

No comments:

Post a Comment